Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx admits honoring the group with a country tribute album took more than a few people by surprise...even him But Sixx says he came around and that it's actually a pretty good idea - especially when you consider who is involved.
Sixx adds that every Motley Crue song he's written was composed on an acoustic guitar, and originally had a more laid back, country feel until the band made the song "what it gets turned into." He also notes that when "a song is great, it's great," and can be performed in almost any style and sound good.
In addition to LeAnn Rimes' version of "Smokin' in the Boys Room," the 15-track set will feature Brantley Gilbert covering "Girls, Girls, Girls" and Florida Georgia Line putting their stamp on "If I Die Tomorrow." Justin Moore, Rascal Flatts, and Gretchen Wilson are some of the other stars who contribute to the disc. "Nashville Outlaws: A Tribute to Motley Crue" will be released on July 8th.
"Nashville Outlaws: A Tribute to Motley Crue" Track Listing
1. Rascal Flatts, "Kickstart My Heart"
2. Florida Georgia Line, "If I Die Tomorrow"
3. LeAnn Rimes, "Smokin' in the Boys Room"
4. Justin Moore, "Home Sweet Home"
5. Cassadee Pope with Robin Zander, "The Animal in Me"
6. Aaron Lewis, "Afraid"
7. Big and Rich, "SOS"
8. Sam Palladio and Clare Bowen, "Without You"
9. Eli Young Band, "Don't Go Away Mad"
10. Lauren Jenkins, "Looks That Kill"
11. The Cadillac Three, "Live Wire"
12. The Mavericks, "Dr. Feelgood"
13. Brantley Gilbert, "Girls, Girls, Girls"
14. Gretchen Wilson, "Wild Side"
15. Darius Rucker, "Time for Change"