While you may think that bars and nightclubs are something only young people enjoy, it seems more and more twentysomethings are skipping the night out and staying in.
Money, or lack of it, is likely one of the main reasons more and more Millennials are opting for a night at home instead of at a fancy club, but it’s not like they're bored sitting at home. These days there are so many things that help make a night in more enjoyable, which would make anybody prefer a night on the couch.
Reasons a night in is more fun than a night out include:
- Netflix – Who needs to go to the movies when you have hours of binge-worthy entertainment at your finger tips. Plus, these days the hot Netflix show is what everyone talks about with friends, so folks love to stay in and catch up so they’re in the know.
- Smartphones – Why go out and connect with someone in person when we can just as easily stay connected through our phones
- Volume Control – Hanging at home with friends will keep you from getting laryngitis having to scream over loud music and other people just to talk.
- Awkward run-ins – There’s no chance of bumping into people you don't like, or having to talk to people you don’t know if you’re home either alone, or just with friends of your choosing.
- Seamless/Takeout – Who needs to go out to a restaurant when most will deliver that same delicious meal right to your door.
- Cars – Getting to your evening out could either costs you a bunch on cabs or ubers, or force you to drive, meaning you can’t drink, which is absolutely no fun.
- Clothes – There’s so much drama in picking out the right thing to wear, whether it’s layers and coats in the cold, or dressing so you won’t sweat in the summer. At home you can wear whatever you want without any stress.
- Markups – That bottle of wine you’re opening at home would likely cost you three times as much at a restaurant, and taste exactly the same.
- Sex – Hey, there’s no chance of getting a little somethin’ somethin’ at a restaurant (well, usually), and if you’re home, who knows what may happen.
Source: New York Daily News