Did you know that you should never CHEW GUM before sex? It’s true, the act of chewing, without swallowing, can lead to bloating as you swallow air.
Additionally, your stomach (thinking food is on its way) will release enzymes used to digest food. That can lead to gastric problems – and plenty of gas.
According to the New York Post, here are some other foods that you should avoid before cuddling up with your other half:
- Alcohol: A glass or two might make you braver and less inhibited, but too much can cause poor performance in men. For both sexes it is a depressant and can also cause wind problems.
- Red meat: Eating red meat gives your digestive system extra work to do, as it is difficult to digest. This can make you feel lethargic and tired, which is not the best feeling to have when your partner is getting steamy.
- Broccoli: This brilliant vegetable has all sorts of health benefits, including anti-oxidants. But it also has a tendency to cause windy side effects best left outside the bedroom.
- Cheese: Dairy is known to kill the libido, so the cheese course is best skipped if you want to get down to it later in the evening. Cheese can also make you produce more mucus and leave you bloated and gassy.
- Licorice: A weird one, as you are unlikely to be overloading on the black, chewy stuff before jumping into bed, but it can have an effect on your libido. A study published in the New England Journal of Medicine found it can lower the sex drive in both men and women.
Source: New York Post