All couples fight at some point, but partners seem to argue more during the holidays - even Halloween. There’s a lot going on and things get hectic, which makes some folks feel stressed out and that can lead to conflict. The good news? Disagreeing is still totally a healthy, natural part of a relationship. And you’re not alone. These are some of the little fights other couples are probably having around Halloween as well.
- Matching costumes or no matching costumes? - This might be the biggest fight couples have this time of year. Some are into dressing like Sandy and Danny from “Grease,” while others dread spending a night in any costume, especially matching ones.
- Going out or staying in? - Halloween can be a lot of fun with all the kids out trick-or-treating and festive parties friends are throwing, but if your S.O. would rather stay home and watch TV while you celebrate the holiday out on the town, you may be in for a fight.
- If you’ve agreed to Netflix and Chill, who gets to pick the movie?- Just like any other night, some couples just can’t agree on what to watch.
- Whether or not you’ll entertain trick-or-treaters - If one of you loves seeing the neighborhood kiddos dressed up on Halloween, they’ll want to get lots of candy for the trick-or-treaters. But if the other partner would only be annoyed by the constantly ringing doorbell or is the unofficial sugar police, it gets a little tricky.
- Someone getting too drunk - A festive Halloween party can lead to overindulging, but your sweetie won’t want to hang out with Drunky McDrunkerson if you’re picking a fight about something that happened last summer. That could definitely lead to another fight.
Source: Hello Giggles