Time is running out to get that perfect holiday gift for your sister, friend or co-worker, and as the days start dwindling, some folks will likely give up and start buying gift cards. While some people may not love getting a gift card, others think they’re great because they can buy what they want, but that’s only true if you get them the right card.
There are tons of options when it comes to gift cards, but some are certainly better than others. If you’re still undecided about what gift card to get, here’s a list of some of the best ones out there.
- Amazon– If you want to make sure you’ve got all bases covered you can’t go wrong with an Amazon gift card, since there are tons of options of things people can buy. Plus, Amazon cards have no fees, don’t expire, and you can send someone a physical card, print it out, or send them an e-card via email or even text.
- Wal-Mart– Again, a Wal-Mart card offers shoppers a ton of variety, plus they can be used at Sam’s Club and Vudu.com. They also don’t have fees, and never expire, plus, unwanted cards are easy to resell.
- Target– Big box stores are always a good option for gift cards, plus they can be bought online for free, and physical cards that haven’t been used can even be returned.
- Best Buy - If you’ve got an electronics enthusiast to buy for, Best Buy is the way to go, especially since the store will match other store’s prices so they are guaranteed to get a good deal on their purchase. Plus, plastic gift cards can be bought online for free, and will be shipped with free two-day shipping if they are over $25.
- Nordstrom – In addition to Nordstrom the cards can be used at Nordstrom Rack, NordstromRack.com, and HauteLook.com, plus, the department store offers shree shipping so recipients can make purchases online and not have to worry about shipping fees.
- Kohl’s – Considering it’s ranked the third-favorite retailer for shoppers it’s a safe bet folks will be happy with a Kohl’s card, the only problem is the maximum amount for a card is $100.
- Macy’s – Macy’s cards can be purchased for anywhere from $1 to $1,000 and those bought online will ship for free, or they can be sent as e-cards. And being that it’s a huge nationwide department store, recipients of the card have loads of options
- J.C. Penney – They also have no fees and never expire. They can be purchased online and ship for free, or sent as an e-card with a personalized message or even video.
- Gap – It’s like giving a card for four stores in one since it can also be used at Old Navy, Banana Republic and Athleta. Plus they too can be purchased online with free shipping, or sent as an e-card with a personal messages attached.
- Starbucks – If you’ve got a coffee lover there’s nothing better than buying them their daily cup of Joe, especially since their daily Starbucks likely costs them a bundle. Plus, they can register their cards so they still get their Starbucks Rewards points, and they can be used throughout North America, including airport and grocery kiosks.
Source: USA Today