One of the best things about spring is the Easter candy. Sure, the holiday is important, but the real star is all those delicious treats wrapped in pretty pastel colors. We’ve all got our favorites, so to save us from having to test out all the new festive treats that have come out this year, the folks at Food & Wine did it for us. Here’s their ranking of the best new Easter candy. You’re welcome.
- Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Eggs - Described as both “bitter and sweet,” these new sweets were the favorite of the test kitchen staff.
- Dylan’s Candy Bar Caramel Robin Eggs - This take on a classic Easter candy is a new addition to the Dylan’s Candy Bar lineup and one taste-tester says they have a “creamy caramel” texture that’s enhanced by letting it melt in your mouth.
- Lindt Hardshell Eggs - Two taste testers compare the taste of these Lindt eggs to Cadbury Creme Eggs, which is a pretty impressive compliment.
- Dove Truffles Milk Chocolate Carrot Patch - If you’re more of a classic milk chocolate person who doesn’t want all those fillings and flavors, these adorable treats are the Easter candy for you.
- Peeps Orange Sherbet & Neapolitan Marshmallow Chicks - Peeps have taken the Easter favorites to the next level with these sugar coated candies, dipped in a light coating of white chocolate. And the Neapolitan flavor is also stuffed with gooey chocolate filling, too.
Source: Food & Wine