Body language says a lot about you, even while you’re sleeping. And if you share a bed with your partner, the way you position yourselves in bed can “speak to how you look to one another for support, how you lean on each other literally and emotionally, and how comfortable they are with closeness and intimacy,” explains relationship expert Jane Greer. Here’s what she says your cuddling style reveals about your relationship.
- Spooning - Greer says this means you see eye-to-eye and that couples who spoon are “merging their bodies as one, so you may see them dressing alike.”
- Head On Chest - This shows one person feels very safe and secure in their partner’s arms.
- Back-To-Back - Sleeping like this shows each partner is comfortable apart and aware of the other’s space, but they’re still there for each other.
- Leg Entwined - According to Greer, this position shows partners crave a connection, even though they have their own spaces.
- Face-to-Face Embrace - Couples who hug while sleeping are “really into each other” and “don’t want to miss anything,” and Greer says these types might share food, personal business and intimate details with each other.
- Arm Draped Across The Other’s Back - This one says “I’ve got your back.”
- Opposite Sides - If this happens regularly, Greer says it means you’re confident in the relationship and don’t require a “shared space.”
- Holding Hands - Sleeping like his is about “feeling secure that you’re holding on to one another,” according to this expert.
Source: Women's Health