In the coming weeks a lot of people will be celebrating with office holiday parties, and it’s no secret that things can get out of hand at these company-sponsored bashes.
Just how bad do things get? Well, a new Evite poll finds that one in three employees say they’ve done something they regret at their holiday party. What’s more, 40% of people say they’ve either experienced office drama or seen juicy revelations come out at a party. Along those lines, the poll finds that the average person will find out seven pieces of gossip about their co-workers at the holiday bash.
And office parties always have the potential for romance (likely thanks to all that booze), with 37% of people saying they spotted an office hookup at a previous holiday party.
Still, with all this drama, most folks enjoy their office holiday party. In fact, 75% of employees look forward to their office party each year, with socializing with co-workers the thing they most look forward to. Other things folks look forward to include:
- Eating delicious food (54%)
- Drinking free booze (44%)
- Getting the office gossip (29%)
- Mingling with the boss (25%)
- Of course, some people party a bit too much, with 35% of people admitting they’ve shown up late for work the day after the party, while 17% didn’t even show up at all. And you can probably guess why most were late. That’s right, 53% say they were hungry, while 42% slept through their alarm and 38% woke up with a massive headache.
Source: SWNS Digital