Guys, no matter how hard you work to get those six-pack abs, it turns out gals looking for love online don’t necessarily want to see them in your profile picture.
A new Dating.com survey finds:
- Shirtless photos on dating profiles may play a big role in why men aren’t finding love online.
- In fact, on average, shirtless profile photos decrease a man’s chances of nabbing a match by 25%.
- This is despite 90% of men believing those shirtless photos help their chances at finding someone.
- What’s more, three out of every five male dating profiles features at least one shirtless photo.
- Those in the LGBTQ+ community are four times more likely to have a shirtless photo in their profile.
So, what is it about shirtless photos that gals find a turnoff?
- Well, 66% feel that it shows a lack of maturity and self-awareness.
- 76% of women say they wouldn’t consider a man with a shirtless photo for a committed relationship.
- 15% would be okay with a possible hookup, while 9% would consider a friendship.
As for women, the less clothes they’re wearing seems to help with their potential matches (shocker).
- 20% of female dating profiles contain at least one bikini/bathing suit picture.
- Those women saw more than a 40% increase in overall matches, as compared to those with more covered up profiles.
Source: Yahoo Finance