Most people have some sort of routine to their day, and a new study finds that some folks don’t like to stray from it even in the slightest.
A new UK survey, which could easily translate here, finds:
- 80% of adults consider themselves “creatures of habit,” sticking to exactly the same routines each day.
- What’s more, 47% of people admit they don’t like to step out of their comfort zone at all.
- More than half don’t like change at all, with 40% saying it’s because it takes time to adjust to new things.
- Some of the biggest examples of folks being creatures of habit include:
- Sleep on the same side of the bed
- Sit in the same place on the sofa
- Have the same bedtime routine
- Style your hair the same way
- Go to the same hairdresser
- Wear the same style of clothes
- Shop at the same supermarket
- Buy the same brand of toilet roll
- Have the same breakfast
- Take your car to the same garage
- Buy the same brands of food
- Eat dinner at the same time
Although many are comfortable being set in their ways, plenty of folks do feel the need to shake things up a bit.
- More than half of those polled think they need to make a bigger effort to change things up in their life.
- A sixth of those who have say it left them feeling “refreshed.”
- 44% of people admit their routine did change during the coronavirus lockdown.
- 30% say it encouraged them to change up some old habits.
- Over 25% say it made them realize they need to make more changes in their life.
Source: SWNS Digital