Social media is great for keeping us connected … until you scroll through and see your ex’s cheesy engagement photos with his rebound girl. If your Facebook feed is too crowded with coronavirus conspiracy theories or political rants, you’ll be glad to know there are a couple hacks that can help you see more of the photos and posts from the people you want and way, way less of the ones you’d rather not deal with. And the best part? You won’t have to unfriend anyone and feel awkward about it.
- Unfollow - Some people can be really annoying on social media and if they’re constantly irritating, you may want to completely stop seeing their posts. But if going as far as to “Unfriend” them on Facebook seems too extreme, just “Unfollow” them. That way you won’t see their updates in your feed and they won’t even know.
- Snooze - If you don’t want to see someone’s posts, but putting them on your “Unfollow” list seems too harsh, you can always just “Snooze” them for a certain amount of time. After that, they’ll automatically show up in your feed again.
- See fewer posts - There’s an option between unfollowing or snoozing someone and it’s “See Fewer Posts.” Facebook uses that data to make sure you don’t see posts like the one you hid and that can be especially helpful these days.
- Reconnect - When you decide you’re ready to give someone you unfollowed another chance, you can “Reconnect” with them – or follow them again – without them ever knowing.
- Prioritize who to see first – Have people on Facebook whose posts you don’t want to miss? You can make sure they show up at the top of your feed by clicking “Prioritize Who To See First” then tapping the accounts you want to add to this option.