Find yourself parched on the regular? You probably need to up your water intake. Most of us know that we’re supposed to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated throughout the day, but that doesn’t mean we always do it. Being properly hydrated brings all kinds of benefits, like relieving headaches, improving complexion and boosting energy, so it’s a good idea to make sure you’re getting enough water. But if you struggle to squeeze in enough glasses between your caffeine and cabernet, these tips can help you drink more water on a daily basis.
- Always keep a water bottle nearby - When it’s right next to you, you’re more likely to keep on sipping throughout the day. Find a style you like best, whether it’s a wide-mouth bottle or one with a straw, and keep it filled. If you can’t keep track of how many cups you’re downing a day, consider splurging for a high-tech water bottle that does that for you.
- Eat some watermelon - It’s tasty and loaded with water - watermelon is 92% water - but so are lots of other fruits. For example, apples and fresh cherries are 82% water and bananas are 75% water.
- Infuse your water - Tired of plain old water? Try upgrading it with some flavors to satisfy your taste buds, like lemon juice, mint, pomegranate or cucumber.
- Start and end your day with warmer water - It might not sound super appealing in the summer heat, but water that’s room-temperature or lukewarm is “cleansing to the digestive system and encourages more circulation.” So try a cup of warm water with citrus in the morning and a cup of soothing tea at night.
- Drink water any way you like - If you’re a fan of sparkling water, keep sipping on those, if you prefer a splash of fruit juice in yours, go for it. If it encourages you to drink more water, keep doing it.
Source: Well and Good