We all know that exercising more can be beneficial to our physical health, but according to a new study, it can be great for our mental health as well.
A new survey finds:
- 75% of those who work out at least once a week report being happy, as opposed to only 25% who don’t.
- What’s more, those who work out once a week report being more successful (74% vs. 26%).
- Those who exercise four to seven times a week are more likely to consider themselves ambitious, as compared to those who work out one to three times each week.
When it comes to those who exercise regularly, the survey notes:
- The average workout session is about 45 minutes.
- 42% of folks work out on their own, while 38% work out in the gym.
- 33% say they usually work out in the mornings.
- Of those who enjoy morning work outs.
- 63% say it makes them feel more energized for work.
- 47% believe it puts them in a better headspace.
And it seems the coronavirus crisis has affected a lot of people’s exercise routine, many for the better.
- 64% of folks say the pandemic has motivated them to spend more time exercising.
- 79% say it has made them more aware of their overall wellness.
- To improve their wellness…
- 64% are eating more healthy foods.
- 58% are drinking more water.
- 57% are getting better sleep.
- Overall, 74% feel they will come out of the coronavirus stronger than they were before.
Source: SWNS Digital