It’s hard to argue the convenience of online shopping, and it certainly was a godsend during the coronavirus quarantine. But it seems some people love online shopping a little too much, and even admit they are finding it hard to live without it.
A new British survey, which can totally translate here, finds:
- Almost a quarter of adults say they are “practically addicted” to online shopping.
- 82% say they shop online because it’s easier to find what you want and keep track of spending.
- Of course the best part of online shopping is getting your packages, and some folks get a little too excited about it.
- 53% of those polled say they get excited on delivery day when the doorbell rings.
- 68% will constantly check on the arrival of their purchases.
- Some shoppers are more excited by getting their package than by video calling with friends and family.
- Getting packages is also more exciting than the end of a workday for some.
- Some folks shop online so much that 10% even know their delivery driver by name.
- As for the top reasons folks prefer online shopping:
- It's easier to find what you want
- There's more variety online
- You can do it in little bursts - so you don't have to go on a long shopping trip
- It's easier to track spending
- It's a good way to treat yourself
- It makes it more exciting when you wait for a package
- You like getting post
- You can do it while you're at work
- It puts you in a good mood
- It's more fun
Source: SWNS Digital