The days are getting shorter, and the cold weather is creeping in, which means winter is almost here, and folks are not looking forward to it…especially this year.
A new poll finds:
- 67% of Americans dread winter more than any other season.
- Two in three adults believe this winter will be more challenging than usual.
- 67% say of all seasons, winter feels like it lasts the longest.
- Things folks hate most about the winter include:
- The cold (25%)
- Cold/flu season (22%)
- Lack of daylight (20%)
- Ice (17%)
- Winter storms (17%)
- Heat bills (16%)
- Wind chill (15%)
- Snow (13%)
- Dry skin 13%
- Defrosting the car (12%)
- Lack of social life (6%)
- Nothing to do (6%)
- Winter can be rather depressing for a lot of people, with 50% of respondents concerned about suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder, especially since the pandemic will keep them inside more.
- 47% expect they’ll be spending more time at home this winter, although not everyone is planning to stay in.
- 51% plan to embrace the outdoors this winter.
- 37% plan to take walks or hikes to get fresh air
- 21% can’t wait to build a snowman.
- 19% are looking forward to their first snowball fight.
- 17% are excited to make snow angels.
Source: SWNS Digital