While lots of people think they can handle everything on their own, the truth is most of us seek advice from those around us at some point in our lives. Well, now a new survey reveals just how often that happens.
A new UK poll, which could easily translate here, finds:
- Adults will seek help and advice more than 6,000 times in their lifetime.
- The average adult has already gone to about 31 people for help over the course of their life.
- They will likely ask for some sort of help or advice twice a week, or 104 times a year.
- As or who they seek advice from:
- When it comes to relationships, most people will go to their friends.
- For financial help they seek their advice from dad.
- Partners are the go-to for career advice.
- Moms are the best for help with coking, parenting and treating illnesses.
- Friends are the most common source of fashion advice.
- Overall though, 35% of those polled say their mom is the most helpful, as compared to only 13% who say that about dad.
- In fact, 25% say mom is their “go to” for help and advice regardless of their age.
Source: SWNS Digital