It’s getting to be about that time where folks have to start planning for their Thanksgiving feast, and there’s certainly a lot of pressure to make sure your meal is just perfect. But the truth is most people’s Thanksgiving feast is far from perfect, with a new survey finding that the average American will say about half a dozen things don’t go exactly as planned.
So, what is the hardest part about hosting Thanksgiving? Well, the turkey of course, with 56% of people saying cooking the turkey correctly is the biggest challenge about hosting a Thanksgiving meal.
As for some of the most common Thanksgiving fails, they include:
- Not all of the cooking is done on time (31%)
- Not all the food is done cooking at the same time (29%)
- Ran out of wine (28%)
- Spilled a dish on the floor (28%)
- Forgot an essential ingredient in one dish (28%)
- One or more dish is cold by the time it's served (27%)
- Ran out of a dish before everyone got some of it (27%)
- Cooked something incorrectly (27%)
- Forgot to take a food allergy into account (26%)
- Turkey is burnt (26%)
- Turkey is dry (25%)
Source: SWNS Digital