A lot of people consider sex as one of the greatest pleasures in life. That’s why they use the phrase “better than sex” to describe something amazing, like a relaxing massage or a tasty piece of cake. But it turns out, a big chunk of people would rather have something else more than a satisfying sex life - clear skin. According to a new survey, 21% of people say they’d give up getting it on for a year if it meant they’d have perfect skin.
The survey, done by OnePoll on behalf of Hanacure, reveals a lot of people care more about their skin than their sex life. It may sound surprising to some, but those who have suffered with chronic breakouts and acne get it. Skin issues can affect confidence, work and relationships, so it’s no wonder 47% of those polled say their skin is the main source of their insecurities.
Sex isn’t the only thing people are willing to trade for a clear complexion. The survey shows Americans would also swap these for good skin:
- Never have chocolate again - 19%
- Only eat oatmeal for a year straight - 19%
- Live in the woods without electricity for six months - 20%
- Live with your high school nemesis in a studio apartment for a year - 20%
- Never use a smartphone again - 21%
- Go back in time and relive high school - 21%
- Only wear the style of clothing you had in middle school - 22%
- Give up streaming services for a year - 28%
Source: Best Life