Christmas is here, and there’s no doubt folks are under a lot of pressure to get their friends and family the perfect gift. But it turns out, a lot of people fail miserably in that department.
A new poll finds:
- 40% of Americans own up to being the worst gift-givers.
- Another 46% feel like they are pretty bad at giving gifts.
- 60% of people say it’s a struggle to find the perfect gift, with the holidays being particularly difficult.
One major reason some folks give bad gifts is because they wait too long to get them.
- In fact, 51% of people say they wait until the last minute to do their holiday shopping.
- Half of people admit they’ve purchased a gift on Christmas eve, while 39% have purchased one on Christmas Day.
So, how bad are some gifts people get? Well, the poll asked people to reveal the worst last-minute gifts they've purchased, and some are doozies. They include:
- A jar of peanuts
- An oven mitt
- Windshield wipers
- A bottle of shampoo
- A Voodoo Doll
- A Chia pet
- A broken watch
- Mouthwash, but they really needed it.
- Toilet paper
- I got someone an autographed picture of Vanna White.
- Hydraulic fluid
- Plastic silverware
- An ashtray
- Some matches
Source: SWNS Digital