Oh the weather outside is frightful, so it’s really the perfect time to curl up with a warm blanket, a good movie and a glass of wine. And when you watch your favorite holiday flicks, these are the wines that will pair perfectly with them.
- “A Christmas Story” - Pinot Noir. The classic tale of Ralphie dreaming of getting a Red Ryder BB gun from Santa deserves a red wine that will light up your taste buds like that infamous leg lamp. A pinot noir is light-bodied with notes of clove and cherry and can be enjoyed by wine newbies and experts.
- “ELF” - Something bubbly. While you watch Buddy the elf connect with his birth father in New York City, the bubbles in a sparkling wine make a good match for his energetic spirit.
- “The Grinch” - Sauvignon Blanc. What to sip when the hairy green beast who hates Christmas tries to ruin it for the Whos down in Whoville? A glass of this white wine known for its “green” flavors like lemongrass and green apple.
- “Holidate” - Cabernet Franc. New this year, this Netflix movie puts a twist on the classic holiday love story, so pair it with this red wine that puts a spin on a classic Cab Sav.
- “Home Alone” - a Bordeaux blend. When little Kevin’s family takes off for France without him, sipping on a red wine from the French Bordeaux, with notes of chocolate and dried herbs, will help soothe you.
- “It’s a Wonderful Life” - Pinot Grigio. This white wine pairs perfectly with this holiday classic. The flavors of white peach and lemon zest are a solid match for the feel-good story of George Bailey.
- “Let it Snow” - Chardonnay - This romantic Hallmark movie needs a traditional chardonnay to help cut through the corny and sometimes cringy parts.
- “Love Actually” - Petite Sirah. As you get wrapped up in the nine holiday stories in this movie, enjoy a glass of this red varietal with flavor notes of black pepper, sugarplum and dark chocolate.
Source: Bright Cellars