Considering how stressful life has been over the past 10 months or so, it’s more important than ever for folks to focus on self-care, and a new survey reveals that more and more people are realizing that.
The survey finds:
- 73% of Americans say they were extra conscious of needing self-care last year.
- What’s more, 69% plan to practice even more self-care in 2021.
- 67% say personal self-care routines they developed during the pandemic are going to stick with them in their daily life.
- The top things Americans are doing for self-care include:
- At-home spa rituals (47%)
- Visiting the spa for treatments (41%)
- Getting a mani/pedi at a nail salon (36%)
- Getting a haircut at a salon/barber (34%)
- Home hair treatments (34%)
- Exercising outdoors (33%)
- Working out in a gym (31%)
- Getting hair colored at a salon (30%)
- Taking a fitness class of any kind (29%)
- Meditating (28%)
- In 2020, the average person said they only had 65 minutes a week to focus on self-care.
- 45% hope to have more time in 2021.
- And self-care is so important to some, they’ll do anything to get more time, including:
- Move (35%)
- Sell a personal belonging (33%)
- Give up their favorite food (30%)
Source: SWNS Digital