Chili is always a favorite food to serve on Super Bowl Sunday, and here are 5 great recipes, some courtesy of chef Sunny Anderson, to help you change things up.
- Cornbread Chili Poke Bake – poke several holes into a tray of cornbread and spread a layer of chili on top. The chili infuses itself into the cornbread to make a meaty, sweet combination.
- Sunny's Nunya Business Chili Cheese Fries – cheese fries made with homemade chili, pickled jalapenos and chopped scallions.
- Chili Cheese Dogs – always a crowd favorite and everyone has their own twist on condiments from mustard, cheese, onions, jalapenos and anything else.
- Cornbread and Chili Bites – sliders that start with cornbread muffins in bowls filled with a spoonful of chili with added cheese and scallions.
- Sunny's Easy Chili Cheese French Bread Pizza – pizza crust is swapped out for French bread and chili swapped out for marinara then topped with everything from hot sauce, cilantro and scallions.
With these ideas there is no need to settle for a regular bowl of chili this Sunday at game time.
Source: Food Network