While a lot of folks are looking for love, it turns out for some that love doesn’t necessarily have to come in human form. A new survey by a Russian cyber-security firm finds a good amount of young people would be more than happy finding love with a robot.
The Russian tech company Kaspersky polled 1,000 Germans, ages 16 to 30, about their feelings on artificial intelligence and found:
- 25% would be willing to have a relationship with a robot.
- Another quarter would even be willing to have sex with an AI droid.
- Not surprising, that number is twice as high for men as it is for women.
- 26% could see themselves falling in love with a robot if it was programmed to meet their needs.
- And let’s talk creepy, 30% say they think they could love an AI version of a former or deceased partner if they could upload their details to the cloud and preserve them.
And while some people may not be down with an AI partner, they aren’t against artificial intelligence helping them find love.
- In fact, a third of those polled think they can find their ideal human partners with a little AI help.
- 27% think romantic relationships created by AI will last longer.
Source: Daily Mail