A lot of folks likely attempted to get through a Dry January last month, but the truth is, many did not succeed.
A new survey finds:
- 69% of Americans attempted to go all of January without a drink.
- 55% who participated admitted they were unsuccessful.
- In fact, the average American lasted only 10 days without drinking.
- 4% didn’t even make it past January 1st, and 8% were drinking by January 3rd.
- Top reasons for failing at Dry January include:
- Forgot they were doing Dry January (44%)
- Went to a happy hour with friends/coworkers (39%)
- Went on a date (37%)
- Bad day at work (36%)
- Wanted to relax (33%)
- Stress watching the news (25%)
But even though some have failed, there are still plenty of people looking to cut back on their alcohol intake in 2021.
- Along those lines, 63% of people say they are “sober-curious,” which means thy would like to take some time to cut back on their drinking.
- 55% saying cutting back on booze is one of their goals for the new year.
Source: SWNS Digital