Americans have missed out on a lot of things in the past year, and, according to a new survey, that includes certain sounds.
According to a recent survey of Americans 40 and over:
- Many folks have been missing the experience of certain sounds over the past year.
- 38% of people say they miss hearing live music.
- 35% miss surround sound in a movie theater.
- 28% miss hearing live cheering at sporting events.
- But there are others who are missing more personal sounds.
- 24% of people say they miss hearing the sounds of their children or grandchildren playing.
- When asked to describe other sounds they miss, people responded:
- “Sermons in church”
- “Slot machines”
- “The sound of my paycheck being cashed”
- “Someone saying they loved me”
- “Tender whispers in my ear”
- “Having sex”
- And there are plenty of people who are simply missing conversations with people.
- 62% of people say the past year has resulted in a decline in the “art of conversation.”
- 57% of people say it’s harder to have a good conversation over the phone than in person.
- 70% of people say they are looking forward to “shooting the sh*t” with friends and family once this is all over.
Source: SWNS Digital