It’s been a long wait for some people when it comes to getting the COVID vaccine, and it turns out there are plenty of people who’d be willing to pay, or even give up, a lot to be able to jump that line and get one faster.
A new Value Penguin survey finds:
- Most Americans agree that paying to move up the line for a vaccine isn’t right, but plenty of people would still be willing to do so.
- In fact, 57% admit they’d pay to jump the line, with 11% willing to pay $500 or more.
- Of those people, 5% would even be willing to shell out $1,000 or more.
- And lots of folks would be willing to go without their favorite things for a year if it meant getting vaccinated faster, including:
- Alcohol (27%)
- Playing video games (22%)
- Watching sports (22%)
- Drinking coffee (21%)
- Eating fast food (20%)
- Social Media (18%)
- Taking recreational drugs (16%).
- Shopping (15%)
- Having sex (14%)
- Listening to music (10%)
ONE MORE THING! And it certainly seems there are a lot of folks experiencing vaccine envy. In fact, 35% of people say they’ve felt jealousy and resentment towards those who got the vaccine before them.
Source: Value Penguin