There are mixed reports as to whether singles will be looking for a hookup or a relationship this summer now that COVID restrictions are being lifted. Well, now a new survey seeks to answer those questions.
- Match.com polled 2,000 of their singles for their first “Summer of Love” survey, and it certainly looks like many are looking forward to the warmer season.
- 70% of singles say they plan to put themselves out there as much as possible this summer.
- After the past year spent at home, 69% say they are more confident in what they are looking for when it comes to a potential mate.
- 71% of those polled are interested in finding a serious relationship this summer, while 7% are not.
- 65% say hookups and casual sex aren’t something they are looking for, although 35% are open to the idea.
- That’s good news, considering 52% are concerned potential matches aren’t interested in anything serious.
- But whether they find a relationship, or just some fun for the summer, there is one thing the majority of singles want – sex.
- In fact, 57% of those polled say they want to have sex this summer.
ONE MORE THING! Vaccines are going to play a role in whether folks are ready to date. The poll finds that 46% of people say they won’t be ready to start dating IRL until they are vaccinated. Plus, 56% of people say they are somewhat or very concerned about their date being vaccinated.
Source: Yahoo Finance