There’s no doubt folks missed a lot of things over the past year due to lockdowns, and apparently that includes a variety of sounds, although some sounds were more missed than others.
- According to a new poll, the sounds folks missed the most during the pandemic usually revolved around fun activities.
- The sound people missed the most was live music at a concert (65%), followed by:
- Splashing and laughter around a swimming pool (60%)
- Cutlery and dinner noises at a restaurant (58%)
- Theatre applause (56%)
- Bar/pub noises (53%)
- Interestingly, when it comes to live music, the U.S. is the only nation polled that didn’t rank it as the most missed sound.
- In the U.S. the most missed sound was the sound of splashing and laughter at a swimming pool (74%
- And despite missing live music, respondents say they found themselves listening to more music than ever during the pandemic.
- The U.S. was the nation listening to music the most (59%), followed by Italy and Spain (58%).
- But not all sounds were missed, particularly when it comes to working out.
- In fact, only 31% of people admit to missing the sounds at the gym.
And some people are seemingly happier with fewer sounds.
- 33% of people say thy will now prefer to visit quieter places, while 24% will prefer noisy ones.
- Of those who perfer the quiet, 55% have come to love their own space, and 43% simply got used to the current situation.
- For those who miss the noise, 73% say it’s because they want to go back to the 'normal' hustle and bustle.
Source: Yahoo Finance