While plenty of folks enjoyed some beer and cocktails to celebrate the July 4th weekend, it seems it will also be a big weekend for cannabis users.
According to a new report:
- The holiday weekend will see legal national cannabis sales of over $206 million.
- That’s about a yearly increase of 23%.
- The biggest sales are expected on Friday, with nearly $91 million in sales expected, an increase of 60% from an average Friday.
- That number would make Friday the second-highest sales day of the year after the pot holiday 4/20.
- Other big sales days include Saturday ($72 million) and Sunday ($43 million).
- The average order for a person will be $109, up from the 2021 average of $101.
- Among the top products purchased:
- Flower (49%)
- Cartridge/Pens (31%)
- Concentrates (10%)
- Infused Edibles (9%)
- Other (1%)
As for who is doing most of the purchasing:
- 61% of males will be purchasing products this weekend, as compared to 39% of females.
- The age group most likely to be purchasing cannabis are 30 to 40-year-olds (31%), followed by:
- Under 30 (29%)
- 40 to 50 (20%)
- 50 to 60 (11%)
- Over 60 (9%)
Source: Yahoo Finance