Are you ever worried that folks in stores are looking at what you’re purchasing and mocking you? Well, apparently many people are, because it turns out a lot of folks are embarrassed by certain purchases.
A new survey finds:
- 51% of people admit they are embarrassed about purchasing certain items in-store.
- In fact, 89% of people would rather spend more money to purchase certain items online than be left embarrassed buying them in person.
- 75% of people are so embarrassed they’ll be judged by a cashier they’ll buy random items hoping they won’t notice.
- 72% are worried other shoppers or store employees will judge their purchases.
- And they may have a right to, since 67% of people say they are judgmental of other shoppers.
So, what items are folks most embarrassed to buy?
- The Top 10 include:
- Condoms (29%)
- Emergency contraceptives (26%)
- Bed bug spray (26%)
- Head lice treatment (25%)
- Hemorrhoid cream (24%)
- Diarrhea relief (24%)
- Pregnancy test (23%)
- Incontinence/bladder leakage products (23%)
- Period products (23%)
- Cold sore treatment (23%)
Source: SWNS Digital