These days most people spend most of their day connected to their tech, but it sounds like more and more folks are realizing the value in taking a break from their devices.
A new survey finds:
- 56% of people who spend their entire day on screens try and cut back their screen time at night.
- The average person unplugs after five and a half hours of screen time.
- 59% of people say cutting back on screen time helps them sleep better.
- 64% say it allows them to spend more time with their loved ones.
- 62% say it gives them more time to listen to music.
- 56% say it allows them more time for cooking.
- And taking a nighttime tech break also has a major effect on folks' mood.
- Respondents say unplugging makes the feel:
- Relaxed (54%)
- Content (31%)
- Free (29%)
- Happy (22%)
- Present (17%)
Of course taking a break isn’t always easy.
- In fact, 24% of people say they have a hard time staying away from their devices in the evening.
- The average person will spend about two and a half hours on screens to get their fix before going to bed.
Source: SWNS Digital