These days it’s getting quite costly to watch our favorite TV shows. There are so many streaming services that people are shelling out a lot of money to subscribe, but it seems there are plenty of folks out there who have simply had enough.
A new survey finds:
- 44% of Americas plan to cancel at least one subscription streaming service over the next six months.
- 80% say the rising costs of all these services just aren’t worth it.
- Another 80% say it’s because they no longer enjoy the content, or their favorite program isn’t available anymore.
- While 48% of people have cut back on spending in other areas to continue streaming, some have found ways around paying for channels.
- 55% of people say they take advantage of free trial periods in order to watch certain streaming services.
- Another 48% say they share or swap login info with family and friends.
- Overall, 74% of Americans subscribe to multiple TV services in order to get more content.
- 78% subscribe to certain services for one program in particular.
- About 80% say they’ve canceled a service over lack of things to watch.
Source: Study Finds