Fast food in the U.S. is convenient and usually tastes good, but a Reddit user, u/Skylion72 decided to ask former and current employees on Reddit to find out what “people should absolutely stop ordering” from their restaurants. Some of these quoted responses may make you think twice about ordering certain items from some fast food chains and some are downright gag-worthy.
- “I worked at Einstein Bros. Bagels, which is basically fast food. Don’t order anything with eggs – they aren’t real eggs and if business is slow they could have been sitting in a container for hours after they were microwaved.” iburninglog
- “Don’t get decaf coffee at Burger King. Maybe this was just the one I worked at, but we didn’t actually brew any decaf. Whenever someone ordered it, my manager would just have me water down the regular coffee.” halnation
- A Waffle House cook said “The grits can sit for hours and the managers will try to keep them looking fresh even though they cost next to nothing to buy.” TCSongun
- “The cupcakes/coffee cakes at Panera all come frozen. The best items are the real sandwiches and salads. They have real ingredients and are usually fresh. President_Pancake
- “I used to work at Jack in the Box. I don’t know why anyone orders the bacon cheddar potato wedges. It’s fake cheese with fake bacon on fried potatoes. I’m trying to remember the ingredient list on the cheese, but I distinctly recall that the packaging did not say it contained dairy. It also smelled like feet.” SwordWife
- “Don’t order any of the Coffee Bean drinks at Krispy Kreme. They never change the ice chest.” borednangsty
- “I used to work at Panda Express. Don’t buy any shrimp entrees if you actually want a full meal. They purposely use a smaller serving spoon so make it appear like you’re getting a lot of food. I believe six shrimps per serving max was the policy.” noodlez5120
- “Tropical Smoothie Café. All of the smoothies, except the detox ones, have SO much sugar in them. You’re not being healthy by going there.” serpentmurphin
This is just the tip of the iceberg and if these didn’t already turn your stomach, the rest of the list can be found HERE.