Valentine’s Day is less than a week away and while you may be hoping your S.O. finds a unique gift to get you this year, let’s face it, there’s a good chance you’ll be getting chocolate or candy just like you do every year. And it turns out, most people are okay with that.
According to a new poll by the National Confectioner’s Association:
- 83% of Americans say they’ll give a gift of chocolate or candy this Valentine’s Day.
- 87% of Americans actually enjoy Valentine’s Day chocolate and candy.
- Usual Valentine’s boxes come with a variety of flavors, and how folks go about making their picks can vary.
- 50% actually find the “map” in order to carefully choose a chocolate.
- 31% make their choice randomly.
- 13% bit the corner to find out the filling.
- 6% poke the bottom to try and discover the flavor.
- As for the most popular chocolates in a Valentine’s Day box, they include:
- Caramel (32%)
- Chocolate covered nuts (24%)
- Chocolate-filled (21%)
- Cream-filled (11%)
- Coconut (9%)
- Other (3%)
- But Americans certainly don’t limit their chocolate and candy consumption to just Valentine’s Day.
- In fact, the average person will eat chocolate or candy two-to-three times a week.
Source: Candy USA