March is Sleep Awareness Month and it’s pretty apparent that a lot of folks just aren’t getting a good night’s sleep.
A new poll by Serta Simmons Bedding finds:
- Only 41% off Americans would describe their sleep as “excellent.”
- Only 30% say they feel refreshed waking up in the morning.
- The average person says they usually fall asleep by 10, but those who describe their sleep as “excellent” are more likely to go to bed by 9:39 pm.
- A fifth of those polled go to sleep later than 10.
And a lot of people are really particular when it comes to what they need to sleep.
- 71% say they need their sleep environment to be a specific way for them to get their best sleep.
- 31% need a silent room.
- 72% need some light.
- 66% need to have a comfy blanket nearby.
- 61% must leave an hour between their last meal and bed.
And a nightly routine is also a must for many people.
- In fact, most people need under 30 minutes to get though their nightly routine before going to bed.
- Pre-bed routines include:
- Brushing teeth (45%)
- Skincare routine (41%)
- Watching TV (38%)
- Adjusting the room temperature (37%)
- Playing/listening music (33%)
Source: SWNS Digital