We know that exercising is key to a healthy lifestyle and longevity, but we still manage to push it to the bottom of the to-do list when we’re busy, tired or just not in the mood. But fitness instructor and personal trainer Jacquie Smith says we can get toned, burn fat and make working out a priority by shifting our mindset. It doesn’t even have to feel like typical exercise to get results with these easy moves.
- Park your car further away - We love the feeling of getting lucky and finding a parking space up front, but try to fight that instinct and park further away instead. It’s an easy way to be more physically active without having to put in any real effort.
- Explore your neighborhood - Now that the weather is warming up, it’s the ideal time to get out and walk, bike or run around the neighborhood. You may meet a new neighbor, find a new coffee spot or just find a new scenic route to enjoy.
- Use your lunch break to your advantage - If you get a break, even if it’s just 10 minutes, take it! Walk away from your desk and get outside to get moving, whether it’s a walk around the block or a quick stroll to pick up lunch, it’s a mental health break you need to recharge and be more productive for the rest of the day.
- Get active with your kids - Little kids seem to have endless energy, so why not join them? Playing, running and getting down on the floor with your kiddo is good for both of you - physically, mentally and emotionally.
- Get your hike on in nature - Hit the trails for a hike and the beauty of nature will help distract you from the cardio workout. Hiking is a great workout, plus being outside in greenery, fresh air and sunshine has been proven to lower stress and be a major mood booster, so soak it up.
Source: Eat This, Not That