Most of us want to make a good first impression on people, and it turns out it may only take a smile. Unfortunately, a lot of people aren’t exactly happy with their smile.
A new survey finds:
- 76% of people say a smile is the top physical trait to make a first impression.
- 68% of folks say people who smile are looked at as more trustworthy, confident and approachable.
- But a lot of folks admit they have issues with their smile.
- 60% of people say they hate how their smile looks in photos.
- Because of this, 40% of people don’t usually smile in photos.
- Instead of smiling, they opt for...
- Making a poker face (46%)
- Frowning (41%)
- Making a surprised face (43%)
- Making a kissing/pucker face (38%)
- Hiding behind a mask (31%)
- Thanks to social media a lot of people feel added pressure when it comes to their smile.
- 53% of Americans say they feel most pressured to present a good smile on Facebook, while 41% say the same about Instagram.
- And when it comes to dating, 32% of people say they are more likely to judge a person’s smile on their profile picture, compared to 15% who judge person’s body type.
Source: Business Insider