While some folks would love to go back and re-live their 20s, were those years really the best time of your life? Well, according to a new poll, not everyone thinks so.
A new YouGov survey asked Americans “what are the best years of your life?”:
- 24% of people do believe that their 20s were the best time in their life.
- But almost an equal amount, 23%, say their best years were between 30 and 39.
- As for other age groups:
- 8% of people think under 20 are the best years of their life.
- 13% say it’s their 40s.
- 6% say it’s their 60s.
- 2% say it’s their 70s.
- 1% say it’s their 80s.
Of course that opinion does change depending on your current age.
- For example, 38% of 20-somethings consider their 20s the best years of their lives.
- Meanwhile, 32% of 30-somethings feel the same way about their 30s, although 24% do say it was their 20s.
- Interestingly, those 50 and over are more likely to say their 20s were the best years of their life (24%), than their 50s (19%).