The July 4th holiday is just about here. And a barbecue is likely, and for a lot of folks, that means steak.
A new survey finds:
- 30% of Americans are planning a barbecue for the Fourth of July.
- In fact, of the 49% of people who plan a traditional cookout each summer, 63% of plan to have it on July 4th.
- As for what they’ll be serving at that bbq, meat is the top choice to grill (37%), with the top meat choices including:
- T-bone cut (16%)
- Porterhouse (11%)
- Ribeye (10%)
- Filet mignon (10%)
And it isn’t just the type of meet people are particular about. Other components to the perfect steak include:
- Cooked well-done (21%), medium-well (20%) or medium (16%)
- Topped with salt and pepper (43%)
- Cooked on a grill (57%)
- Wet marinade when grilling (44%)
- Paired with a baked potato (46%)
Source: SWNS Digital