Now that we are officially in summer, more and more people will be firing up the grill for dinner or a barbecue, and for many, there are just some foods that taste better once they are cooked on a grill.
A new survey finds:
- 33% of people expect to attend a family barbecue or cookout this summer.
- 29% of people say they grill food for family gatherings.
- But a lot of people insist grilling shouldn’t be limited to summer.
- In fact, 56% of people say they grill year round.
- 48% have even used their grill during a snowstorm, and 39% have grilled in the rain.
- 63% look at grilling as one of their healthy hobbies.
So, what is everyone’s favorite foods to grill?
- Well, chicken tops the list as the most popular meat to grill this summer (53%), followed by:
- Burgers (50%)
- Steaks (48%)
- But grilling isn’t just for the main course, with many using their grill for their sides and more, including:
- Vegetables and fruits (51%)
- Corn (35%)
- Potatoes (35%)
- Asparagus (30%)
- Pineapple (30%)
- Zucchini (30%)
- And some folks get really creative with what they put on the grill.
- Some of the unconventional foods respondents have grilled include:
- “A crate of jalapeños.”
- “Mexican seafood.”
- “Cow tongue.”
- “Chicken and waffles.”
- “Shrimp kabob.”
- “Whole lizard.”
- “Eggplant and fish.”
- “Sweet potato, limes, oranges, and cake batter.”
- “Avocados split into fours.”
- “Grilled apple tossed salad.”
- “Potato chips.”
Source: SWNS Digital