While there are a lot of foods you can serve at a party, there’s one thing most Americans agree must be at every bash – dip. In fact, folks love dip so much, many don’t need a party, or even a chip, to eat it.
A new survey finds:
- Americans love dip so much, 63% are perfectly happy eating it with a spoon straight from the packaging.
- Another 62% think it should be socially acceptable to do so.
- 32% love dip so much they would rather eat dip than their usual lunch.
- The average adult eats their favorite spread for lunch five times a month.
- 48% of people say they’ve eaten a whole container of dip in one sitting, although it takes the average person three sittings to finish the container.
When it comes to parties, 38% agree a dip is a must-have item, more popular than other party must-haves like:
- Drinks (37%)
- Different foods (33%)
- Good music (28%
- Desserts (24%)
- Games (17%)
As for the dips most people agree are must-haves at a party, they include:
- Salsa (32%)
- Guacamole (32%)
- Spinach and artichoke (29%)
- Queso (28%)
- Buffalo chicken (27%)
- Hummus (25%)
- And when it comes to how dips should be eaten at a party.
- 46% of people say it is “proper etiquette” to serve themselves dip on their plate rather than double dipping.
Source: SWNS Digital