There are some students who like total quiet when it’s time to study, but based on a new survey, they may want to reconsider that in order to get better grades.
According to a new survey:
- Folks who like to listen to music while studying are likely to have a better GPA.
- In fact, 84% of those who play music while studying have a GPA over 3.2, compared to 78% who don’t listen to music.
- In general, 49% of students say they listen to music while studying.
- Another 60% insist they study better with music in the background.
- 80% say they find music it therapeutic to listen to music while studying.
- Another 75% say they are better able to absorb more information.
- And 81% say it makes the learning process more enjoyable.
- As for what they listen to while studying the best genres include:
- Classical (31%)
- R&B (28%)
- Classic (28%)
- Country (28%)
- Rock (26%)
- Old favorites (26%)
- Gospel (25%)
- Jazz (23%
- Hip hop (22%)
- Pop/Top 100 (21%)
- Instrumental soundtracks (21%)
- And it’s not just school where music can be beneficial.
- Two in three Americans say they listen to music while working.
- 89% say they feel more productive at work while listening to work.
- Another 84% say listening to music on the job makes them look forward to working more.
Source: SWNS Digital