When it comes to booze, everyone has their own tastes and own favorites, and it turns out some parts of the country are partial to different liquors than others.
- A new report by Upgraded Points set out to discover the Most Popular Liquors in Every State, ranked by both type and brand.
- They looked at Google Trends data, based on keywords for liquor types and brands using info from popular alcohol-based websites.
- In total, 150 keywords were used, including 14 liquor types, 73 popular liquor brands and 63 celebrity brands.
- The most popular liquor overall appears to be whiskey, landing at number one in 18 states, followed by:
- Vodka (15 states)
- Cognac (4 states)
- Scotch (4 states)
- Tequila (4 states)
- As for the most popular liquor brands, Malibu tops the list, number one in five states, followed by:
- Appleton Estates (3 states)
- Cîroc (3 states)
- Hennessy (3 states)
- Jose Cuervo (3 states)
- The top liquor in the southwest is (including NM) is tequila. That’s number one in New Mexico, Texas and Arizona. Colorado is whiskey.
- Finally, when it comes to celebrity liquor brands, topping the list is Proper No. Twelve Irish Whiskey, from UFC Fighter Conor McGregor, which is number one in six states.
- Other popular celeb brands include:
- Dan Aykroyd and John Alexander's Crystal Head Vodka (5 states)
- Ryan Reynolds’ Aviation Gin (3 states)
- “Vampire Diaries” Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder Brother’s Bond Bourbon (3 states)
- Director Steven Soderbergh’s Singari 63 (3 states)
- Elon Musk’s Tesla Tequila (3 states)
To see what the most popular liquor in your state is, click here.
Source: Upgraded Points