The month of September is the unofficial start of Fall. And some things are really going to start to change this month. Among them:
- We will be 10 degrees cooler by the end of the month. 85 degrees to 75 degrees.
- The average low also drops 10 degrees from 63 degrees to 52 degrees.
- And the average precipitation is about 1.08 inches as we transition from the monsoon flow to low pressure systems.
- We lose 2 minutes of daylight each day and 1 hour and 2 minutes of Daylight by the end of the month.
- And the shorter days and cooler nights lead to the start of fall colors.
- And fall officially begins Tuesday, September 22nd at 7:03 p.m. MDT
Check out more geeky weather stuff for the month here. (You can also get data for most NM cities from this link).