After the past few years dealing with the pandemic more Americans are done denying themselves simple pleasures, with more and more willing to treat themselves whenever they can.
A new survey finds:
- 65% have adopted a “seize the day” attitude.
- 66% are living in the moment more now than they were pre-pandemic, with 74% focusing more on the future.
- With that in mind, 62% say they are treating themselves more than ever before.
- As for how they are doing it:
- 25% are enjoying more “me” time.
- 21% are indulging in their favorite beverage.
- 21% are shopping more online.
- The average person treats themselves about six times a month.
- The average person spends about $83 on treats for themselves.
- When choosing how to treat themselves:
- 32% will choose something they deem “enjoyable”
- 27% define a treat by its quality.
- 24% will look for something fun.
- When it comes to physical treats, the top items people treat themselves to include:
- Food - 43%
- Clothing - 35%
- Experiences (concerts, vacations, etc.) - 31%
- Favorite bottle of wine – 26%
- Shoes - 25%
- Décor - 22%
- Makeup - 21%
- Sunglasses - 20%
- As for when they usually treat themselves, 40% will do so for a special occasion.
- 39% will treat themselves on weekends.
- 66% are more likely to treat themselves during the week.
Source: SWNS Digital