Few people want to get an unsolicited nude pic from a stranger, but if it’s from a loved one, most people are pretty accepting, and think others should be more open to it too.
A new survey finds:
- A third of all respondents admit they’ve sent intimate photos in the past.
- Most people prefer to send them via social media or text messages (54%).
- While 43% think sending nude pics is “taboo,” 53% think there should be less stigma around nude photos being sent between consenting adults.
- On average, people insist they receive more intimate photos than they send.
- Of those who do send them, 52% say they send them at least once a week, while 29% send them once a month or more.
- As for the main reasons folks send such photos:
- 46% are in long distance relationships.
- 45% say their partner asks for them.
- 44% say they were feeling attractive.
- 42% just felt like it.
- Believe it or not, over the course of their lifetime, the average person has sent six intimate messages or photos to the wrong person.
And there are plenty of reasons why some people would be hesitant to share naked photos with others.
- Of those who have never sent intimate photos, 21% worry about them being shared with others.
- 19% are concerned about them impacting their reputation.
- 80% of people who have sent them, admit they worry their intimate pics will fall into the wrong hands.
- 69% worry those pictures will be held against them.
- 79% are worried that others have their photos saved on their devices.
Source: SWNS Digital