So, it’s November 1st and you find that your kids have scored enough candy to last until next Halloween. Even after they pull out their favorites, there’s a truckload left. Chambana Moms has seven great suggestions for using up those leftover sweets:
- Freeze it – Chocolates, hard candies, caramels, jelly beans and candy corn all freeze.
- Bake with it – Stir into cookies, brownies and frostings for cake.
- Save it for gingerbread houses
- Share it – Take goodie bags to grandparents, teachers
- Call on “The Switch Witch” – On Halloween night, kids leave their leftover or less desirable candy out for the Switch Witch who takes it and leave them healthier snacks, a toy, game, book or craft.
- Create a Thanksgiving countdown calendar.
- Take it to a Halloween buy-back program; check your local dental groups.
- Bonus tip... you could return it too, if you have not opened it!