Do you feel like there’s not enough time in the holidays to do all the things you want to do? You’re in good company, as half of Americans (52%) share that feeling, according to new research. A new survey asks U.S. adults about how they spend their time during the holiday season and finds that 52% try to squeeze in as many holiday-related activities as possible.
The poll of 2-thousand also reveals:
- In order to have time to get to do everything they want to do, half of respondents (54%) wish the holiday season lasted longer. Two extra weeks would be enough for 59%, while the other 41% say they wouldn’t mind if the holidays lasted even longer.
- It starts feeling like the holiday season in November for 44%, but 35% say they feel the excitement of the holidays as early as September and October.
- Nearly three-quarters of those polled say prepping for the holidays puts them in a good mood.
- But holiday chores take up a lot of time, as people say they spend an average of 30 hours on tasks like planning, wrapping presents and shoveling snow.
- That may be why about two-thirds (65%) of respondents say keeping up with the holiday season takes a lot of energy and 60% say they’re busier this time of year than the rest of the year.
- Some people have unique holiday traditions with their families, including “wearing costumes on Christmas morning,” putting “a candle in a scoop of ice cream and whoever’s candle burns the longest opens the first present.”
- But most people surveyed still enjoy holiday classics like eating and drinking their favorite holiday treats (72%), shopping for presents for loved ones (70%) and watching holiday movies (65%).
Source: SWNS Digital