The National Weather Service Albuquerque office released their Spring forecast. Here are some highlights:
- March: Forecast confidence is high for above average precipitation and near to slightly below average temperatures.
- April: Forecast confidence is moderate for average to slightly above average precipitation and slightly above average temperatures.
- May: Forecast confidence is moderate for near average precipitation and slightly above to above average temperatures.
- Wind: There will still be plenty of wind in spring but a neutral climate pattern typically results in below average wind speeds in NM during MAM.
- Monsoon season: The vast majority of climate model forecasts continue to warm the eastern equatorial Pacific Ocean in boreal spring but not quite at the rate as previous runs did. Transitioning to an El Niño by summer remains possible and would likely spell a below average monsoon.
Check out the full 2023 spring forecast from the Albuquerque National Weather Service here.