George Clooney tops Forbes’ list of Highest-Paid Actors this year with an impressive $239-million dollars. He probably has Casamigos Tequila to thank in part, the alcohol brand he co-founded back in 2013. According to Forbes, the brand was bought up front for $700-million, with $300-million of potential earnings over the next decade.
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is Clooney’s runner-up, making the second spot with $124-million. He has his role in “Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle” to thank for that, not to mention his massive following on social media – that’s about 113-million on Instagram and 13-million on Twitter – which helped him nab a better contract. “Social media has become the most critical element of marketing a movie for me,” he shares.
Others on the list include Robert Downey Jr, in third place making an estimated $81-million dollars, Chris Hemsworth, Jackie Chan, and Will Smith. Below is the Top Ten – and you can check out the full list HERE.
- George Clooney – $239-million
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson – $124-million
- Robert Downey Jr. – $81-million
- Chris Hemsworth – $63.5-million
- Jackie Chan – $45.5-million
- Will Smith – $42-million
- Akshay Kumar – $40.5-million
- Adam Sandler – $39.6-million
- Salman Khan – $38.5-million
- Chris Evans – $34-million